Yes, the HRvalue Report™ is relevant to any HR function, any industry, any size company and regardless of where the company or its divisions or HR department(s) are in the world. The questionnaire also incorporates questions that are relevant to global companies (including companies involved in Joint Ventures).
Yes, it can be customised to company requirements at an additional cost, although benchmarking against other benchmarking data or results from previous years would then not be possible.
The answers to the two biographical questions (i.e. management level and business unit/department) can be customised to incorporate every organisations’ own management and organisational structure – no additional fees apply, provided that the company does not add a biographical question or change the question.
To ensure buy-in at the most senior level of the organisation, ideally a position who has direct or indirect responsibility for the HR functions’ strategy and value proposition (i.e. the most senior person of the company/business unit/HR department).
It is advisabe that all levels of management be invited to participate.
The participating company may also choose to invite non-management and/or members of the HR department* to participate in the survey.
* If HR members are invited to participate, it could provide an interesting (but not essential to the purpose of the HRvalue Report™) comparison of results – their results will therefore be excluded from the overall report.
Fees depend on:
- If customisation of the questionnaire is required.
- If additional biographical questions are added (i.e. other than the two existing questions that ask respondents to indicate their management level and business unit/department).
- If the three open-ended questions are included in the data analysis. These questions provide valuable information (directly from the words used by stakeholders) on behaviours and practices that the HR department should stop, start and continue.
- If additional reports are required.
- If benchmarking reports are required (i.e. against other companies or reports comparing your results against previous years).
- If further detailed interpretative reports or feedback presentations are required.
- If feedback sessions are required other than a one-hour feedback session with the most senior leader (or leadership team) of the company and/or HR function. Depending on the location of the company, these sessions can take place face-to-face or through video/audio teleconferencing.
- Any travel and accommodation cost would be for the client’s account.
Once you have emailed a request for quotation to us, we will email you an Application Form where you will complete all the relevant information that we will need to send you a quotation.
Online completion is preferred. An option is available for stakeholders to complete a hard-copy of the survey – centralised data-capturing costs will apply.
The HRvalue Report™ questionnaire is the work of Liezel Pheiffer Blignaut, and used under license by Human Capital Business Solutions (Pty) Ltd. It was developed through a vigorous process of keeping abreast with global trends and thought leadership on the topic, as well as obtaining inputs from experienced HR professionals, senior business leaders and research professionals.
Liezel holds a Masters degree in Commerce (HR and Industrial Psychology), and is registered as a Master HR Practitioner and Mentor with the South African Board of Personnel Practice (SABPP), and Advisory Board member of the HR Think Thank and the University of Pretoria’s Department of HR and Industrial Psychology. She has more than 24 years corporate and consulting experience – working closely with HR functions, leaders and executives across various industries and internationally on various value-adding business and people projects and initiatives. Her experience working in and with numerous HR functions, combined with her passion that HR can make a value-adding contribution to their businesses, is the reason for her making a tool that she originally developed for a corporate client, available to other companies globally.
Anytime, but ideally the survey should run when it will be convenient for HR’s clients to participate (e.g. not during or close to financial year-end or holidays) to ensure maximum response.
Companies have the option to either invite all managers (recommended) or to distribute the survey to a pre-determined sample.
To demonstrate commitment and encourage participation, the email inviting participation should ideally come from the most senior leader of the company, or alternatively of the HR function. We will provide the draft email or letter.
The questionnaire will take approximately 20 minutes to complete online. It is important to note that this is not a dipstick survey, but a comprehensive survey that looks holistically at the HR function’s role, performance, competence and environment.
Responses and data is completely confidential and will be processed in groups (including the open-ended questions).
If less than 5 people from a specific group in the biographical section have responded, their responses will be integrated with another group.
Company data and results will be kept confidential. In the interest of research that will benefit companies across the globe and the HR profession, results of participating companies will be combined to provide meaningful information on overall trends and key findings without exposing individual company results.
In addition to the comprehensive computer-generated standard reports, a company may request the following additional analysis and reports (additional fees apply):
- Interpretive analysis of results and reports, which would benefit more focused action planning. It could include comparative and interpretative analysis to identify differences between management levels or business units/departments.
- An in-depth analysis of HRvalue Report™ results against internal HR department climate or engagement studies.
- Comparative and interpretative analysis of HRvalue Report™ results against previous years’ results.
- Recommendations based on the results, which include practical to-the-point steps for the transformation of your HR Department.
- Any other reports that the company may require.
The following reports are included in the fee, and form part of the standard computer-generated reports that will be delivered to the company:
- An overall report
- A report comparing results between management levels*
- A report comparing results of business units/departments*
* Assuming the company has retained inclusion of these biographical questions. Additional reports are available on request – additional fees apply.
The HRvalue Report™ Benchmarking Report will allow a participating company to compare their results to the combined and overall results of other participating companies on key questions and dimensions (note: the reports are too detailed to provide a meaningful comparison on every question). An additional fee is applicable.
In the interest of research that will benefit companies across the globe and the HR profession, overall results of all participating companies will be combined on key dimensions and questions to provide meaningful information on trends and key findings. This will not impede on confidentiality.
It is recommended that the survey be conducted every 12 or 24 months depending on where the HR function is in the process of transformation.
12 months – HR function is in the beginning or midst of its transformation process (and might even be on an accelerated path to transform the HR function) and want to ensure they maintain momentum on implementation of initiatives, as well as track their progress sooner rather than later.
24 months – HR departments who have established themselves as a valued and high performing HR business partner in the previous HRvalue Report™ results, and want to continue to assess their delivery and value-add to the business they serve, whilst continuing to identify further or new improvement opportunities.